Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break 2009!

Well, it's been an eventful few weeks. Obviously I've been away from the blog for a while so here is the update! Two weeks ago we headed to Florida with my family. It was Spring Break for Karla and I so we took advantage of Mom & Dad's new place in Florida! Krista, Mike and the Girls came down to meet us too! I didn't think we were ready to drive that far with Ella so Dave, Ella, Karla & the Boys, Mom, Shannen and myself all flew down to Orlando. We arrived Saturday night so we relaxed and checked out the "park" on Sunday. Mom and Dad bought an Executive Suite for their RV in a park called the Great Outdoors in Titusville, about 40 minutes from Orlando. On Monday we all headed to Disney, there we met up with Krista, Mike and the Girls. All of us ventured into the Magic Kingdom to experience all of the magic! It was packed, I can't believe how many people were there. Ella seemed to be okay with it and managed to get in a nap while waiting for some of the attractions. After a sudden down pour we finally made it back to Krista's hotel to put the kids down for naps then headed back for even more magic later in the evening. After enjoying shorter lines and watching the fireworks at Disney we finally made it back to the park around 1:30am... a bit late for Ella & Me! So the rest of the week we just spent relaxing and enjoying the wonderful weather. Dave and I did sneak away for an afternoon to check out Kennedy Space Center, it was only 10 minutes away! It's been a very long time since I've been there so it was pretty cool to experience it again! On Thursday Mike, Krista, Emily, Ava, Dave, Ella and I all made the short drive over to Cocoa Beach to see the ocean. I'm the over protective mom so we only spent about an hour there because I didn't want Ella to burn. You'll notice in the majority of the pictures she always has on her hat and sunglasses... what you can't see is the thick coating of sunscreen! I used to fry in the sun as a child and just don't want that to happen to Ella! We also all went to dinner at a wonderful seafood restaurant to celebrate Easter then headed back to the park for the Easter Egg Hunt! So that is basically the recap of our trip, it was great to spend some quality time in the warm weather with my family and watch all of the "cousins" play together! Hopefully this will become an annual event!

No comments: